Saturday, July 29, 2006

THE LAKE HOUSE


It's ages ago that I saw the press screening of
The Lake House...
*I didn't even remember when it was exactly... It's coz of the d**n speedy that just died this couple of weeks that made me offline for like a century*
Anyway, the movie didn't made any particular impression to me...
Except that it was....

ONE OF THE BEST ROMANTIC MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN!!

I mean it's really unlike any romantic film...
The chemistry between
Keanu Reeves & Sandra Bullock is just tangible...
*Maybe coz they're 'hooked' up before in Speed*

They were successfully revealing real human feelings...

Their performances just swept you away...


Picking Chicago as the set just completes it...
Chicago's impressive architecture is used to great effect...
For those who aren't into romantic movie, you would just fall for the cinematography...
It's gorgeous! Creating a cold, atmospheric setting...


The plot may be a bit out of the ordinary...
"Implausible" some say...
But that's the great thing about it...
You'll get to free your fantasy without time and logical boundary...
And when you think about it, it's actually pretty simple and honest...
It comes down to a story about how two peoples lives change when they allow themselves to connect...


So over all, I ADORE the movie!!

*despite the fact that I am Keanu FREAK*
It's
DEFINITELY A HIGHLY RECOMMENDED MOVIE!!
Don't go in expecting it to all make sense, but go in with an open heart and open eyes and let it win you over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home