Thursday, February 21, 2008

1ST LIVE REPORT FROM DILI

Hi people! I'm in Dili now...
Yup, it's the "Dili" of East Timor...
I flew here on last Sunday (17 Feb 08), just 5 days after
the Ramos Horta shooting...
I'm here insya allah until end of June 2008 for the post swap program...
So I'm temporary replacing local staff that take maternity leaves...
I'm handling the health program...

Anyway, though I was feeling a bit scared, but it was an interresting flight from Jkt to Dili...
I took Merpati since it's the only airlines that fly to Dili...
We transited in Bali to change plane, cos the plane from Jakarta at 06.10 (yes people, it's in the morning) is going to Kupang from Bali...
I was on the same plane as Mr. Carlos Jeronimo, the head of Immigration office here...
He's kind enough to chat with me knowing this is my 1st time to Dili..
Presidente Nicolau Lobato International Airport in Dili is a quiet small airport...
You can see UNs everywhere including their basecamp, helicopters, etc...
The picture above wasn't pretty good coz it's taken when the car that picked me up was about to go...
The city was quiet calm and not many people around that Sunday, it's coz of
the curfew that the government announced...

We went straight to my apartment in Palm Spring estate near the Australian Embassy in Fatuhada...
The apartment is really nice and quiet big for me as I'm alone..
It's a two storage building and my slot in on the 2nd floor..
To see pictures of my apartment, klik
here...
Though it's fully furnished, but cooking utilities weren't provided...
So not until two days ago me and Yovita, my friend in the office, went and buy them *like I'm gonna cook other than noodles and fried rice *...
Also the indovision still not working (since we have to arrange it by ourself), the gas just bought this afternoon and the pipe to the washing machine leaked (so I still couldn't wash my cloths)...
Two days ago, the lights went off suddenly around 10pm..
Since I know nothing about electricity, I did nothing and went to sleep instead...
It turned out that the credit for the electricity was zero and we have to buy them...
It's really good I think, so we can control our electricity usage...

Hmm.. where have I gone to this city?
I tried the Portugal food, bacalhau, it's special fish imported from Portugal with fried potato...
It's delicious... But unfortunately my phone ran out of battery that day so I didn't took the picture.. Maybe next time when I come back to City Cafe, promise...

4 Comments:

Blogger chubby-gal said...

hohoho...
jadi inget pas di cifor mati lampu.. meuni ngorejat, sieun gelap hihihi.. gimana di apartemen gede gitu hahaha.. :P

10:43 AM  
Blogger jojo said...

hai hai,....

si tante tantik delita ini toh yang akhirnya dapat ke Dili. Iya neng, mumpung masih mudah, mumpung masih belum punya karibet untuk pergi-pergi jauh, gunakanlah kesempatan untuk jalan-jalan sebanyak-banyaknya...

hati-hati ya di sana, kalo kangen pulang ke Indon tinggal nyebrang aja ke Atambua hehehe....

4:07 PM  
Blogger mutia and rayga said...

Say,kayaknya enak tuw apato lo.dah lengkap bgt.tuw makanan portugal ntar d foto ya.gw pen liat.ngiler euy:p

6:29 PM  
Blogger Aunul Fauzi said...

sempat dansa blom?
i like that dancing party most .. with those porto gals .. :)

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home