Tuesday, May 20, 2008

ADVENTURES IN TIMOR LESTE

It's been 3 months since I stepped my foot in Timor Leste...
And I've been lucky enough to be able to go to the districts...
Out of 13 districts in TL, so far I went (or atleast passed) to 9 of them.. Not bad huh?
Most of them I went with Yovita and Batista, two of my good friends here...
The 1st district that I visited was Baucau district, around 120km from Dili to the east...
The capital is Baucau, the second largest city after Dili...
On the way there, we passed Manatuto as the capital of Manatuto district...
D district where Xanana Gusmao came from...
Before went back to Dili, we went to Laga...
Some of the pictures you can see here...
Next district that I went to is Ainaro district...
To the city of Ainaro to be exact, 78km south of
Dili...
It's a business trip as I was attending d launching of JICA water project there...
So unlike other trip where we usually went on Saturday, spent the night and went back to Dili on the next day, this trip was a one day trip...
It's exhausted since it's a mountainous snake roads and some roads were in bad condition due to rainy season...
On the way there, we passed Aileu, the city of fog of Aileu district...
Before we got to Ainaro town, we also passed Maubisse, a nice town with cool weather...
It's lovely...
Some pictures of this trip are here...
Lautem district was my next destination...
We were headed to Lospalos, 248km east of
Dili...
Though it's like
Baucau journey which was still during the cureview situation, but the trip to Lospalos was so unpleasant...
We departed very late from
Dili and we had to reach there before 10pm, so Batista drove like nuts...
As a result of speeding through snake roads, me and Yovita got really sick during the trip...
Luckily after spent the night in Roberto Carlos hotel in Lospalos, we felt better the next day and continued our trip to Com...
It's a beatiful beach with beautiful resorts...
Too bad I didn't have pictures of Com here...
We also dropped by to Tutuala, to see Tutuala cape from a distance..
At the end of April, Yovita, Marco and myself went to Liquica...
It's only 32 km west from Dili, the capital of Liquica district, so it's only 1/2 hour drive...
This trip came from a conversation during lunch time when we talked about ayata, a kinna fruit like soursoup...
Apparently
Liquica is where most of fruit were produced especially ayata, so we went there...
Another interresting place to see here...
Last but not least (I hope) was Viqueque district that we visited on my bday early this month...
It surely was the most unforgetable and adventerous journey so far...
Not just coz it's my bday but also d excitement and d tense we (especially me) experienced during d trip back...
We spent the night in
Baucau before we went to Viqueque the next day...
We had to pass Ossu before reaching
Viqueque...
On the way back we took the road to Betano and that's where the real adventure begin...
From Betano, we went to Same of Manufahi district to than
Aileu and finally back to Dili...
I'll try to tell the summary of this adventurous trip in my indonesian blog (sorry for english reader, u can only see the pictures here)...

Now, during my 2 weeks I have in TL, I can only hope that I could go to Oecussi, Bobonaro, Cova Lima and/or Ermera districts...
Who knows?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah.. pengen deh ke Timor Leste, tapi saya ga punya:

1. paspor
2. duit
3. waktu..

duh kapan ya.. pengen "Januari di Kota Dili" nih,, ^^

2:17 PM  
Blogger cyn said...

sama ni.. pengen ngunjungi rin di sama malah, biar bisa numpang tempat tinggal, numpang makan kekekekeke

tapi karena ga bisa numpang tiket and paspor...

yaaaaaaaaa mimpi dulu kali ye :p

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home